Health, fitness & recreation are vital components to leading a happy and healthy life
Our students are required to join the local gym where they have access to a personal trainer who helps them set and attain reasonable fitness goals. Gym trips take place every morning, Monday through Friday, and occasionally on weekends if there is demand.
The gyms in Klamath Falls and Ashland offer a full range of cardiovascular and resistance training equipment. Students have the option to play basketball or tennis at separate locations in addition to the gym. Dragonfly staff exercise alongside students to help provide motivation and support.
A balanced diet is also critical to one’s health. Students are required to complete a food log. Students with difficulty forming healthy eating habits can attend educational groups, cooking class, and also arrange for additional support from their mentors.
Fitness & Nutritional Opportunities Within Dragonfly
Recreational Opportunities around Klamath Falls
The Klamath Falls area offers access to a wide variety of opportunities for indoor and outdoor activities:
- The Ledge: Rock climbing gym.
- Steen Sports Park: Sports complex with an indoor soccer field, skate park, and batting cages.
- Asana Yoga: Studio within easy walking distance of Dragonfly.
- Dance: Studio with classes downtown and at OIT.
- Cross-Fit: Gym with multiple downtown locations.
- Self Defense & Martial Arts: Private organizations and OIT clubs.
- YMCA Swimming pool
- Ice Sports: Hockey, Skating, and Broom Ball, Running Y Ranch & Klamath Ice Sports
- Ella Redkey Pool: Geothermally-heated swimming pool.
- Lake of the Woods
- Crater Lake
- Parks: (See list)
- Airsoft: Within 5 miles of Dragonfly.
- Snow Sports: Skiing, Snowboarding, Snowshoeing, Dog sledding.
- Caving: Lava beds and Ice Caves.
- Mountain Biking
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Frisbee Golf
- Zip lining
- Pelican Cinema: Movie theatre.
- The Ross Ragland Theatre: Multicultural, multi-disciplinary art center for dance & theatrical productions.
- Music Lessons: Private lessons downtown and community college classes.
- Visual Arts: Downtown community classes, KCC. Dragonfly murals.