Health, fitness & recreation
Health, fitness & recreation are vital components
to leading a happy and healthy life
Our students are required to join the local gym and gym trips are facilitated several times a week by staff. Student can also utilize public transportation to access the gym on their own schedule.
The gyms in Klamath Falls and Ashland offer a full range of cardiovascular and resistance training equipment.
A balanced diet is also critical to one’s health. Students are required to complete a food log. Students with difficulty forming healthy eating habits can attend educational groups, cooking class, and also arrange for additional support from their mentors.
Recreation opportunities within Dragonfly
- Saturday Activities
Every Saturday, the elected student Activity Manager collaborates to
arrange a group activity open to the entire Dragonfly community. Activity Managers are encouraged to arrange a balance of active and inactive activities – indoors and outdoors.
- Student Choice
Students can work with mentors to arrange recreational groups and regular trips to sporting activities as desired. In the past, students have asked for regular trips to the climbing gym, the indoor soccer field, and to play Ultimate Frisbee games.
Recreational opportunities around Klamath Falls
The Klamath Falls area offers access to a wide variety of opportunities for indoor and outdoor activities:
- Steen Sports Park: Sports complex with an indoor soccer field, skate park, and batting cages.
- Asana Yoga: Studio within easy walking distance of Dragonfly.
- Dance: Studio with classes downtown and at OIT.
- Cross-Fit: Gym with multiple downtown locations.
- Self Defense & Martial Arts: Private organizations and OIT clubs.
- YMCA Swimming pool
- Ice Sports: Hockey, Skating, and Broom Ball, Running Y Ranch & Klamath Ice Sports
- Ella Redkey Pool: Geothermally-heated swimming pool.
- Lake of the Woods
- Crater Lake
- Parks: (See list)
- Snow Sports: Skiing, Snowboarding, Snowshoeing, Dog sledding.
- Caving: Lava beds and Ice Caves.
- Mountain Biking
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Frisbee Golf
- Zip lining
- Pelican Cinema: Movie theatre.
- The Ross Ragland Theatre: Multicultural, multi-disciplinary art center for dance & theatrical productions.
- Music Lessons: Private lessons downtown and community college classes.
- Visual Arts: Downtown community classes, KCC. Dragonfly murals.