|Mother of a Transitions student|
|“In the 6 months that our daughter has been at the Dragonfly Transitions program, she has made a lot of improvements in her maturity, outlook, and attitudes.”|
Dragonfly Transitions seeks to facilitate change and healing in all family members that choose to participate. We pride ourselves on our commitment to the entire family and have observed that the more significant and positive the change to the entire family, the more effective and long lasting the change is for their loved one at Dragonfly Transitions.
We strongly encourage adult family members to commit to:
- Twice per month participation in conference calls with your child and Dragonfly therapist.
- Completion of any assignments from Dragonfly staff or therapists.
- Participation in family sessions when visiting your family member in Klamath Falls.
- Dragonfly also recommends that family members participate in therapy sessions in their home community. It is important to recognize that as the young adult makes a transition into adulthood, parents too are making a transition into their "second adulthood" and may also need support and guidance through this transition.
- Dragonfly offers three, three-day FAMILY WORKSHOPS throughout the year. This is an opportunity to interact with Dragonfly staff, other families and to have increased awareness and connection with your child. These workshops are engaging, educational, challenging and fun! Please contact the admissions office for specific workshop dates.